Saturday, July 11, 2009

Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownies


Since the Betty Crocker Gluten Free cookies were so good, I was really looking forward to making the GF brownies. They were really easy to put together. I again used the Ener-G egg replacer but the brownies call for two eggs whereas the cookies only needed one so I was replacing even more. I had to press the mix into the pan a little bit since it was really crumbly. We baked them for the time listed on the box but they were pretty much liquified and boiling so we left them in the oven for another 5 minutes. After that, they were still bubbling a lot so we let them cool for a while. Once they were cool, they became more like a cookie consistency. They taste good but they're really hard and not brownie-like. I'm not sure if it's the egg replacer or something else. I'm going to try the cake mixes next once I find a safe frosting. Hopefully those don't get as dried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment