Saturday, June 27, 2009

Yum, Pizza

When I first went gluten free, I mourned the loss of pizza. Then slowly, I discovered I could make decent pizza crust and eventually found a pre-made crust that was really good. We even have an organic pizza place nearby now that makes really good GF pizza. All of these have eggs in them. So, when we found out about Little Man's allergies, I knew I would need to begin another search for good pizza. It didn't take long. I came across Rustic Crust Gluten Free Pizza Crust (check them out at http://www.rusticcrust.com/). It was only $3.99 for two personal pizza size crusts which is really cheap in the GF world so I figured I wasn't investing much if they were terrible. But, they were really good. We used Bertolli Garlic and Olive Oil sauce, Hormel Pepperoni, jarred roasted red peppers, and of course mozzarella cheese. We're also big fans of oregano and garlic powder so we added generous amounts of those. I was really pleased with the outcome and we will definitely be buying more of these crusts. One of the best things about them - unlike most GF products, they don't need to be frozen so they're always ready to bake. (And no, I wasn't put up to this by the company, I'm just excited to find good pizza that's safe for my family.)
Follow Up 6/28 - I sent feedback to Rustic Crust about how great their crust was and they let me know that coupons are available on facebook and twitter or at their website http://www.rusticcrust.com/ if you want to try it out. For those who can eat gluten, they have a full line of "regular" crusts too - no idea what they're like but thought I'd throw it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment